EMPHASIS, BACKGROUND, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Ed's practice focuses on federal and state environmental regulatory compliance issues related to water, waste management, site remediation and development of natural resources.
- He counsels clients on a range of matters related to complex energy and environmental statutes and the state and federal agencies charged with administering them.
- Ed also participates in litigation matters involving environmental liability before state and federal courts.
- Prior to joining Babst Calland, Ed worked on energy and public utilities matters in the Philadelphia office of a regional law firm.
- He also served as legal counsel for the Energy and Environmental Resources Committee of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. There, he drafted legislation and briefed lawmakers on significant energy and environmental policy issues.
- During college, he served as Environmental Hearing Board Review editor for the Villanova Journal of Environmental Law.
- While in school, he completed a judicial internship with the Honorable Lawrence F. Stengel at the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Following graduation, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Doris A. Smith-Ribner of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- He is a member of the American, Pennsylvania, Allegheny County and Energy Bar Associations.