EMPHASIS, BACKGROUND, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Rick provides counsel to contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and project owners in litigation and business consultation matters.
- His clients include many ENR 400 contractors and ENR 600 specialty contractors, on all phases of the construction process, on projects throughout the United States.
- He has worked with clients in construction disputes involving infrastructure, bridges, airports, highways, schools, retail complexes, warehouses, medical centers, petrochemical plants, commercial buildings, hotels, residential developments, ice skating rinks, prisons and government buildings.
- Rick has represented these clients before courts and arbitrators in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Massachusetts and many other states across the country.
- Prior to joining Babst Calland, Rick was the practice group leader of the construction law group of a large Pittsburgh-based law firm.
- Rick is admitted to practice before the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Claims.
- He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.