There’s a reason why top companies turn to Babst Calland to defend their product liability cases. Our product liability attorneys are more than just strong litigators who understand the unique legal principles applicable to these claims, including risk utility analysis, and the distinction between design defect, manufacturing defect and inadequate warnings claims. As seasoned professionals with the ability to work closely and cohesively with engineering, design, human factors and other experts, we develop and present an effective defense to these types of claims.
Our team has extensive experience defending products liability claims in both state and federal courts, primarily in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Our trial lawyers focus on product cases involving the mining, electrical manufacturing, chemical manufacturing and heavy equipment manufacturing industries. When needed, we utilize our extensive library of resources, including experts in the field, to successfully oppose the experts typically used by the plaintiff’s bar in connection with these claims.
Our experience includes:
- Representation of a manufacturer of boom trucks and truck seats against claims of defective design.
- Representation of several chemical manufacturers against claims of design defect and inadequate warnings based on alleged exposure to both industrial and household chemicals.
- Representation of a major chemical manufacturer in several death cases alleging design defect and inadequate warnings relating to household drain cleaners.
- Representation of an underground mine equipment manufacturer against claims of design defect and inadequate warnings arising from mining accidents in Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, involving both room and pillar and long wall mining equipment which resulted in serious personal injury and death.
- Representation of a limit switch manufacturer in a design defect claim brought by a worker on a food packaging line who sustained crush and burn injuries to her arm.
- Representation of a shoe manufacturer in a design defect and inadequate warnings claim brought by a minor who lost three toes when his foot was caught in an escalator at a mall.
- Representation of an electrical equipment manufacturer in claims brought by workers who suffered amputation injuries on coil slitter and galvanizing lines.
- Representation of a steel company in a products liability claim brought by a railroad employee for amputation and other personal injuries suffered in an industrial accident.
- Representation of a home improvement chain in various products liability claims relating to allegedly defective building products.
- Representation of several medical device manufacturers in design and manufacturing defect claims.
“It’s no accident that we are consistently named one of the region’s top litigation law firms based on service, quality and value. Our client’s needs drive everything we do.”
– Mark D. Shepard