Erica Koehl Dausch
Area of Emphasis
Erica Dausch is senior counsel in the Creditors’ Rights & Insolvency and the Corporate & Commercial groups of Babst Calland. Ms. Dausch’s practice focuses primarily on the areas of creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, commercial real estate, general corporate transactions, corporate governance matters and business planning and structuring.
Ms. Dausch represents lenders, municipal entities, commercial and residential landlords and various other creditor entities both in and out of the bankruptcy context and has represented secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She also represents lenders and other lien holders in execution actions, including sheriff’s sales and foreclosure proceeding in various counties in Western and Central Pennsylvania.
Ms. Dausch graduated magna cum laude from Franklin & Marshall College in 2006 with a B.A. in Government, concentrating on comparative politics. She received her J.D. from Duquesne University in 2009 where she graduated magna cum laude. At Duquesne, Ms. Dausch was a staff member of the Duquesne Law Review. While in law school, she participated in the Civil & Family Justice Clinic where she represented indigent pro se litigants in family court matters involving visitation, custody, paternity and Protection From Abuse orders.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Dausch is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Western District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Inns of Court, the Pittsburgh Chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation and the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. Ms. Dausch is the Chair of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association and is on the Executive Board of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. She is a graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh Inc.’s Leadership Development Initiative XIX Class.
- Presenter, “Chapter 11 Exit Strategies and Local Courtroom Practice and Procedure,” 27th Annual ACBA Bankruptcy Symposium, December 5, 2014.
- Presenter, “Bankruptcy 101: A Primer for In-House Counsel,” The Legal Intelligencer’s In-House Counsel CLE Seminar, February 11, 2014.
- Presenter, “Small Business/Big Problems—Counseling and Strategizing with the Small Business Owner,” 18th Annual PBI Bankruptcy Institute, September 26, 2013.
- Presenter, “Oil and Gas Law Update and the Intersection with Bankruptcy Law,” 25th Annual Bankruptcy Symposium, December 7, 2012.
- Koehl, Erica L. and Ross, David R. “Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Law and Section 365 of the Bankruptcy Code – Can an oil and gas lease be rejected in bankruptcy?,” Administrative Watch, Volume 14, Issue 9, October 2011.
- Koehl, Erica L. and Baicker-McKee, Steven F. “Climate Change – Public Nuisance or Political Question?” Civil Litigation Update, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Volume 14, No. 4, Fall 2009.
Erica Koehl Dausch
- Corporate & Commercial
- Creditors' Rights & Insolvency
B.A. in Government, Concentrating on Comparative Politics, Franklin & Marshall College, magna cum laude, '06
J.D., Duquesne University, magna cum laude, '09