Energy & Natural Resources
Creditors’ Rights & Insolvency
Our Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency group assists regional and local banks as they work out troubled credits, and restructure and document commercial loans. We counsel large and small businesses facing Chapter 11 or collection or supply difficulties because of financial issues, and we represent Fortune 500 companies at the complex intersection of bankruptcy and environmental law.
Our goal is to provide sound, cost-effective legal advice, both within and outside of bankruptcy.
Backed by knowledgeable attorneys with real estate and business experience, our Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency attorneys offer advice in areas such as:
- Bankruptcy and reorganization, including complex environmental issues
- State and federal court receiverships
- Real estate foreclosures
- Replevin actions
- Ejectment actions
- Secured creditor asset sales under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Negotiating and documenting sale of distressed debt by secured creditors
- Representation of creditors committees; court appointed trustees and receivers
- Purchasing assets from bankruptcy debtors
- Commercial lending and title insurance services, including title claim litigation
- Mediation services
- Confessions of judgment
- Negotiating and drafting forbearance agreements and modification to existing loan agreements and credit facilities and representing purchasers of goods and services who are forced to deal with non-performing, financially troubled or bankrupt suppliers and customers.
Best Law Firms 2021
Babst Calland Energy practice ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings