Energy & Natural Resources
Business Transactions & Real Estate
Babst Calland’s real estate and transaction attorneys are key members of our multidisciplinary energy practice that provide efficient services to clients engaged in oil and gas, coal, mining and renewable energy industries. Our multidisciplinary energy practice permeates through all of our practice areas and further fuels the growth and vitality of our firm, whether related to acquisition or divestiture of assets or businesses, and all that is required to take a deal from letter of intent through to closing and post-closing.
We routinely work with clients in all manner of transactions, contracts and business counseling matters as they finance, develop, operate, acquire or divest assets, including:
- Acquisitions, divestitures and mergers of companies and assets
- Joint ventures, joint operating agreements, and joint development agreements
- Lease swaps, term assignments, options and farmouts
- Due diligence execution and review for all transactions, including title and leasing issues
- Leasing programs and mutual accommodation arrangements
- Pooling and unitization
- Rights-of-way for upstream, midstream and renewable development
- Seismic (Geophysical and Petrophysical) license and permit agreements
- Gasfield services agreements, including master services agreements
- Well site construction agreements
- Operations & Maintenance Agreements and Asset Management Agreements
- Power Purchase Agreements, Offtake Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, and Equipment Supply Agreements
- Coordinate representations and warranties with construction on EPC contracts
The key to our success is collaboration. Our integrated approach allows us to tap into all the resources of our law firm, including various skill sets and levels of experience. Our transaction attorneys work hand-in-hand with attorneys in our Environmental group, for example, with permitting, regulatory compliance and site remediation work.
Our Land and Energy Title, Employment and Labor and Litigation attorneys provide additional services to meet our clients’ needs in the most efficient, cost-effective manner. We also support clients with the myriad of other contractual and business advisory needs of the energy and extraction industries. Many of our transaction attorneys also have served clients in temporary in-house secondments to their legal and land departments and field offices.