Mobility, Transport & Safety
Babst Calland’s Mobility, Transport and Safety practice provides strategic leadership and insights to manufacturers, suppliers, start-ups, and technology companies in mobility, transport and safety matters of national and global significance, including those related to electric vehicles, Clean Air Act mobile emissions issues, ridesharing enterprises, and automated/autonomous driving systems, while promoting innovation, efficiencies, and cost-savings.
We partner with clients to address not only the legal aspects of client problem solving, but also to achieve their goals and expand business and policy opportunities by applying a current and detailed understanding of the federal government’s approach to transportation safety regulation and market priorities, including its programs and personnel.
We are practical and use a common sense approach.
We bring creativity to solving our clients’ problems, with healthy doses of optimism, fortitude and the willingness to work hard.
Representative matters and experience include:
- Self-certification of standards
- Regulatory compliance
- Automated/autonomous driving systems and ADAS approaches
- Innovative mobility and safety approaches
- Best practices and emerging trends
- Standards enforcement and defects investigations
- Government inquiries and enforcement proceedings
- Recall implementation
- Matters before the U.S. Department of Transportation, including NHTSA
- Emissions issues and other regulatory matters under the Clean Air Act, including matters before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Other day-to-day “outside general counsel” type counseling
- Risk management programs, reviews and internal audits
- Assisting in legislative and rulemaking matters, including government affairs
- In-house legal and business-oriented training and ongoing support