EMPHASIS, BACKGROUND, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Kevin concentrates much of his practice in the areas of natural resources law and water law. This includes representing mining and oil and gas companies, including those developing unconventional gas reserves, on a broad range of environmental issues including permitting, water supply and treatment and resource development.
- He counsels mining clients on a wide range of environmental matters, such as water and air permits, bonding and treatment trusts.
- Kevin also regularly handles NPDES permitting matters and appeals; defends citizens' suits under the federal Clean Water Act and similar state laws; and represents landowners and others with respect to groundwater protection issues.
- He leads the Firm's municipal environmental services practice area and serves as special environmental counsel to many municipalities, authorities and developers.
- Kevin's practice also covers the cleanup and redevelopment of industrial sites under federal and state hazardous waste, solid waste and brownfields laws.
- Kevin is also a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property Services Group. He is a registered patent attorney and prosecutes trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- He is a member of the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations.
- Among other honors, he is ranked among Pennsylvania's top environmental lawyers in the Chambers USA guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers.