Babst Calland Clements and Zomnir PC (Babst Calland or We) is committed to respecting your privacy. We act in accordance with applicable data privacy laws when collecting and using personal information provided to us, or which we have obtained from your visits to our Website (babstcalland.com).
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, including your name, employment information, email address, or additional information you choose to provide us. We collect this information when you submit the “contact us” form on our Website or subscribe to one of our blogs or newsletters.
We use your personal information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with newsletters and other updates that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Website;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Website and Babst Calland; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We may share personal information with third parties, including, but not limited to:
- With third parties that provide services on our behalf, such as those that provide website operation and advertising and marketing services;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
We do not sell personal information.
Protection of your personal information
We adopt appropriate administrative, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your personal information from the risk of disclosure, destruction, loss or accidental, unlawful and unauthorized alteration, access, disclosure and use. We require the third-party recipients identified in this notice to use similar protective measures when accessing and processing the personal information we share.
Data protection laws including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), and Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), provide certain rights for certain individuals, as defined in the applicable data protection law. Your rights will depend on the laws which apply to you and us, but you may have some or all of the following rights:
- To request details of the personal information we collected about you, how we process that information, and the purposes for collecting your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shares your personal information
- To have the personal data we hold rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organization
- To lodge a complaint in relation to our use of your personal information with a local supervisory authority
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by Babst Calland. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you have provided your consent and wish to withdraw your consent or wish to exercise your data rights, please contact Babst Calland at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please provide sufficient information that allows us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We may request that you provide us with at least two or more pieces of personal information to match against personal information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.