Energy & Natural Resources
The Construction Group’s knowledge of the statutory framework and construction case-law unique to each state in the Appalachian region adds particular value to the services we offer our oil and gas clients including:
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts, transportation contracts, equipment leases and other construction related documents applicable to the industry;
- Handling mechanics’ liens and other matters affecting our clients’ property interests in real estate;
- Compliance with, and interpretation of, state and federal “prompt payment acts” and other state-specific statutes affecting construction projects;
- Implementing appropriate indemnity and insurance requirements;
- Dealing with performance and payment bond claims;
- Construction permitting, licensing and regulatory compliance; and
- Advising clients on OSHA and construction project safety issues, including providing clients with guidance in the area of pipeline safety.
These services ensure our clients’ compliance with applicable law, and just as importantly, enhance the prospect of successful projects and increase the likelihood that litigation can be avoided. However, if necessary, we are equally adept at handling construction disputes and litigation.
– David E. White
Best Law Firms 2020
Babst Calland Energy practice ranked in 2020 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings