Corporate & Commercial
Energy & Natural Resources Transactions
Babst Calland’s transaction attorneys are key members of our multi-disciplinary energy practice that provide efficient services to clients from natural gas, oil, coal and aggregate industries. Our multi-disciplinary energy practice permeates through all of our practice areas and further fuels the growth and vitality of our firm, whether related to acquisition or divestiture of Appalachian Basin assets or businesses, and all that is required to take a deal from letter of intent through to closing and post-closing.
We routinely work with clients in all manner of transactions, contracts and business counseling matters, including:
- Acquisitions, divestitures and mergers of companies and assets
- Joint ventures, joint operating agreements, and joint development agreements
- Lease swaps, term assignments, options and farmouts
- Due diligence execution and review for all transactions, including title and leasing issues
- Leasing programs and mutual accommodation arrangements
- Pooling and unitization
- Rights-of-way for upstream and midstream development
- Seismic (Geophysical and Petrophysical) license and permit agreements
- Gasfield services agreements, including master services agreements
- Well site construction agreements
We also support clients with the myriad of other contractual and business advisory needs of the energy and extraction industries. Many of our transaction attorneys also have served clients in temporary in-house secondments to their legal and land departments and field offices.
The key to our success is collaboration. Our integrated approach allows us to tap into all the resources of our law firm, including various skill sets and levels of experience. Our transaction attorneys work hand-in-hand with attorneys in our Environmental group, for example, with permitting, regulatory compliance and site remediation work. Our Title Examination, Employment and Labor and Litigation groups provide additional services to meet our clients’ needs in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
“Babst Calland’s unparalleled environmental and regulatory, land use and title experience complements the firm’s transactional abilities. These strengths, coupled with the firm’s reasonable rate structure, make Babst Calland the best choice for oil and gas transactions in the Appalachian region.” – John F. (Jay) Hammond
Best Lawyers 2021
Babst Calland Corporate practice ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings