Corporate & Commercial
Energy & Natural Resources Transactions
We routinely work with clients in all manner of transactions, contracts and business counseling matters, including:
- Acquisitions, divestitures and mergers of companies and assets
- Joint ventures, joint operating agreements, and joint development agreements
- Lease swaps, term assignments, options and farmouts
- Due diligence execution and review for all transactions, including title and leasing issues
- Leasing programs and mutual accommodation arrangements
- Pooling and unitization
- Rights-of-way for upstream and midstream development
- Seismic (Geophysical and Petrophysical) license and permit agreements
- Gasfield services agreements, including master services agreements
- Well site construction agreements
We also support clients with the myriad of other contractual and business advisory needs of the energy and extraction industries. Many of our transaction attorneys also have served clients in temporary in-house secondments to their legal and land departments and field offices.
The key to our success is collaboration. Our integrated approach allows us to tap into all the resources of our law firm, including various skill sets and levels of experience. Our transaction attorneys work hand-in-hand with attorneys in our Environmental group, for example, with permitting, regulatory compliance and site remediation work. Our Title Examination, Employment and Labor and Litigation groups provide additional services to meet our clients’ needs in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
Best Lawyers 2021
Babst Calland Corporate practice ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings