Energy & Natural Resources
Our multidisciplinary team of Energy and Natural Resources attorneys understands all facets of natural gas transactions including mineral title and lease review, environmental and regulatory, pipeline and midstream, land use and zoning, and litigation matters. Although each transaction’s due diligence needs differ, we offer the resources and support team that other firms cannot match, including:
- Offices and fully-dedicated energy and environmental attorneys;
- A large mineral title group with deep knowledge of issues in each state;
- A significant bench of experienced environmental and regulatory attorneys who understand the challenges within each state;
- Land use attorneys with in-depth understanding of local and municipal laws and regulations;
- Energy litigators to assess threatened and filed claims, and,
- Document management technology, owned and operated by the Firm, that captures data for each project that can be seamlessly downloaded into a client’s operational database for managing acquired assets post-closing.
Babst Calland views each due diligence project as a unique matter that requires experienced counsel and a tailored support team in various areas of energy law, such as corporate and commercial, environmental and regulatory, title, land use and litigation.
We understand that efficient and timely due diligence information is critical in the decision making and closing process, but also valuable in managing the acquired assets long after the closing. Our due diligence team carefully plans and coordinates the due diligence process, tailoring the deliverables to the deal while maintaining a timely and cost effective approach. These experienced-based advantages enable us to identify, evaluate and resolve the most critical issues impacting your transaction. Armed with this knowledge, our clients make better risk-based business and financial decisions.
Due diligence for the energy industry is the beginning of a process for the buyer or seller and should be viewed as a part of the strategic direction, and not as a commodity. It is also a process that must have a definitive strategy, timetable, budget certainty and technology, easing the transition from “acquisition mode” to “operational integration” mode.
– Bruce F. Rudoy
Best Law Firms 2019
Babst Calland Energy practice ranked in 2019 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings