About Babst Calland
Babst Calland is a law firm with a reputation for delivering the highest level of client service. Our philosophy is simple. As an integrated group of attorneys, we work as a team, not as a group of sole practitioners.
We have been providing focused legal services to corporations, closely-held businesses and municipalities since 1986. We do not strive to be all things to all people. Instead, we strive to be the best in our focused practice areas. We approach our client’s business as if it were our own and treat everyone with the same level of respect. Together, we solve problems and allocate resources to provide the highest level of service in the most cost-effective manner possible. We began as a firm offering environmental, energy and business law services because our founding shareholders had in-depth knowledge in these areas. Although we have expanded our scope of practice, we still subscribe to an “in the trenches” approach by shaping solutions to solve problems. Many of our attorneys have prior experience working in both the public and private sectors. Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the issues our clients face, and can help them deal with their most pressing legal concerns in a practical and cost-effective manner.
- Babst Calland is ranked the sixth largest law firm in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Our attorneys concentrate on the current and emerging needs of clients in a variety of industry sectors, with focused legal practices in construction, corporate and commercial, creditors’ rights and insolvency, emerging technologies, employment and labor, energy and natural resources, environmental, land use, litigation, public sector, real estate and transportation safety.
- Babst Calland has six office locations in Pittsburgh, Pa., Charleston, W.Va., Houston, Texas, Sewell, N.J., State College, Pa., and Washington, D.C.
- We were recognized by the 2020 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law FirmsTM” by BL Rankings nationally in seven practice areas and regionally in 31 practice areas.
- 31 of our attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 by BL Rankings. To view list of attorneys, click here.
- Babst Calland is listed as the top environmental law practice in Pennsylvania by Chambers & Partners’ Chambers USA’s: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Our attorneys volunteer their time and talent to many community service organizations.