Energy & Natural Resources
Babst Calland’s Construction Group actively represents the interests of oil and gas clients in many of the most active shale plays. Through Babst Calland’s multi-disciplinary approach, our construction attorneys team with the firm’s environmental, land use and pipeline safety attorneys to ensure our clients receive unparalleled value and cost effective representation.
The Construction Group’s knowledge of the statutory framework and construction case law is unique to each state and adds particular value to the services we offer to E&P and midstream clients including:
- drafting and negotiating construction contracts, transportation contracts, equipment leases and other construction-related documents applicable to the industry;
- handling mechanics’ liens and other matters affecting our clients’ property interests in real estate;
- compliance with, and interpretation of, state and federal “prompt payment acts” and other state-specific statutes affecting construction projects;
- implementing appropriate indemnity and insurance requirements;
- dealing with performance and payment bond claims;
- construction permitting, licensing and regulatory compliance; and
- advising clients on OSHA and construction project safety issues, including providing clients with guidance in the area of pipeline safety.
These services ensure our clients’ compliance with applicable law, and just as importantly, enhance the prospect of successful projects and increase the likelihood that litigation can be avoided. However, if necessary, we are equally adept at handling construction disputes and litigation.
“Babst Calland maintains a significant construction law practice with expertise specific to the natural gas industry. The production, transmission and processing of natural gas implicates a broad range of construction-related legal issues, including contracting, mechanics’ liens, bonds and construction-specific state and federal statutes. Babst Calland’s construction attorneys know how to work closely with the firm’s energy and natural resources attorneys to ensure that all of these issues are fully addressed in a way that minimizes costs, delays and disputes and helps to ensure client success.”
– David E. White