Marc J. Felezzola
Area of Emphasis
Marc Felezzola is a shareholder in the Litigation and Construction Services groups of Babst Calland. He has extensive experience in cases involving the Pennsylvania’s Mechanics’ Lien Law, Commonwealth Procurement Code and the Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act. Mr. Felezzola serves as outside general counsel for construction companies and frequently represents clients in a variety of commercial and construction related disputes including products liability claims, asbestos related claims, construction bid protests, construction defect claims, differing site condition claims, delay and inefficiency claims, payment and performance bond claims, and payment and contract performance disputes. Mr. Felezzola has litigated before the Pennsylvania trial level and appellate courts, the United States Federal District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the Northern District of West Virginia and the District of New Jersey, the American Arbitration Association, and other private dispute resolution forums.
Mr. Felezzola graduated from Columbia University with a B.A. in History. He received his J.D. from the University of the Pittsburgh School of Law, where he graduated cum laude, served as the Executive Editor on the Editorial Board of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review, and was elected for membership in the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Mr. Felezzola completed an externship with the Honorable Joseph K. Williams of the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County. He also served as a law clerk for an asbestos litigation firm in Pittsburgh and the Neighborhood Legal Services Association.
Memberships and Affiliations
Mr. Felezzola is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey, and is admitted in the United States District Courts for the Federal Districts of the Western District of Pennsylvania, the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia and the District of New Jersey. He is a member of the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Felezzola received a 2021 Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch recognition from BL Rankings for Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Construction. He has also been selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list (Thomson Reuters) since 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “Construction Law 2017: The Year in Review,” The Potential Impact of New Steel and Aluminum Tariffs on the Construction Industry, Pittsburgh, PA, March 2018.
- Co-author, “P3: The Future of the Construction Industry?” Foundation Drilling Magazine, February/March 2014.
- Co-presenter, “Pennsylvania Construction Law: Getting Started, Getting Covered, Getting Paid,” PBI Press, 2014.
- Co-author, “Labor Law Primer/Refresher on Strikes and Picketing,” for the 29th Annual Construction Labor Symposium, 2013.
- Co-author, “Construction Law Update: Case Law & Legislation Affecting the Construction Industry (2011-2012),” American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law, 2012.
Marc J. Felezzola
- Public Sector
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
B.A. in History, Columbia University, '05
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude, '11