Richard J. Lolli
Area of Emphasis
Rick Lolli has extensive experience in the legal areas of real estate, title insurance and real estate titles including certificates for mineral drilling sites. He represents national clients in matters of title insurance claims. In addition, Mr. Lolli represents parties in large real estate sales, acquisitions and refinancings involving local and national properties. He is often engaged by other law firms to assist in matters involving title company operations and real estate title law.
Mr. Lolli attended the Institute for Mediterranean Studies in Rome, Italy in 1972. He earned his B.S.F.S. from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University in 1973 and his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1976.
Memberships and Affiliations
Mr. Lolli is admitted to practice in Ohio and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He is a member of the Stark County and Ohio State Bar associations, and American Bar Association, where he also serves as a member of the Title Insurance Litigation Committee of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section. He is a member of the Ohio Land Title Association, Ohio Oil & Gas Association, Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Committee, and Board of Trustees of St. Joseph Senior Living. Mr. Lolli is the past vice-chairman of the City of Alliance Ohio, Civil Service Commission, past president of the American Lung Association of Stark-Wayne, past instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer Training Council and past Court Arbitrator for Stark County, Ohio Court of Common Pleas. He is a former Assistant Law Director and Civil Service Vice Chairman for the City of Alliance, Ohio. Mr. Lolli was the founder and served as president of Colonial Title Agency, Inc., in Canton, Ohio from 1985 until 2000 and served as president of Certified Title Agency, Inc. from 2001 until 2012. Prior to joining Babst Calland, he practiced law for a medium-sized, multiple office law firm in its Canton, OH office. Mr. Lolli has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® by BL Rankings since 2008. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System has rated him “AV Preeminent,” its highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability.
- “Title Issues in the Development of Ohio’s Utica Shale,” 2013 Real Estate Seminar, Stark County Bar Association, September 25, 2013.
- “Common Title Issues in the Utica,” American Association of Professional Landmen, January 10, 2013.
- “Ohio Oil and Gas Title Issues,” Fidelity National Title Insurance Seminars, Fall 2012.
- “Statutory Affidavits Relating to Real Estate Titles,” Stark County Bar Association, Fall 2010.
- “In-Depth Title Insurance Principles,” NBI Seminar, Winter 2009.
- “Real Estate Contracts in Ohio,” NBI Seminar, Fall 2004.
- “Commercial Real Estate Leases,” NBI Seminar, Fall 2003.
Richard J. Lolli
- Real Estate
- Corporate & Commercial
- Energy & Natural Resources
B.S. in Foreign Service, Georgetown University, '73
J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, '76