Babst Calland’s Transportation Safety Group represents clients throughout the United States on pipeline and hazardous materials safety and mobility, transport and safety matters. The practice group is anchored by former U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) attorneys with a deep understanding of federal safety frameworks and decades of combined experience in the transportation and energy sectors. Our attorneys help clients solve problems and achieve their business objectives having led recent matters of national significance and high public scrutiny.
Our clients include energy producers, pipeline and midstream companies, hydrogen infrastructure developers, renewables developers, utilities, OEM auto manufacturers, suppliers, start-ups and technology companies, and trade associations. Our Transportation Safety attorneys are integrated with the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources, Environmental and other practices, which allows us to provide comprehensive multi-issue services to our clients.
The Transportation Safety Group supports clients with a broad range services, including:
- Preventative and strategic counseling and risk management
- Transactional due diligence
- Best practices and emerging trends
- Navigating government investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Compliance and integrity programs
- Internal compliance audits and self-assessments
- Day-to-day regulatory counseling
- Inspections and investigations
- Litigation, including review of final agency actions
- Recall implementation and administration
- Automated driving systems and innovative mobility solutions
Our attorneys are active in several of the nation’s leading trade organizations for the energy and transportation industries and are often called on as guest speakers and authors.