Christopher T. Kuhman
Areas of Emphasis
Chris Kuhman is an associate in the Firm’s Washington, D.C. office and a member of the Pipeline and Hazmat Safety group. Mr. Kuhman provides advice to clients regarding compliance with state and federal pipeline safety regulations. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Kuhman worked as a Policy Advisor for the American Petroleum Institute (API) where he applied API member input to help shape industry priorities on legislative and regulatory activities concerning pipeline safety. Mr. Kuhman also worked as an engineer for a gas distribution company and an upstream energy services company where he gained valuable technical experience. His unique background in engineering and policy enable a nuanced perspective on complex regulatory issues.
Mr. Kuhman earned his J.D. from the American University Washington College of Law. While in law school, he served as the president of the Energy Law and Policy Society, the student board member of the Energy Bar Association, and an energy law fellow for the Midwest Center for Energy Law and Policy. Mr. Kuhman also served as a student attorney for the Glushko-Samuelson Intellectual Property Law Clinic, a patent law research assistant, and an editor for the Intellectual Property Brief. Mr. Kuhman received his B.S. in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Kansas.
Memberships and Affiliations
Mr. Kuhman is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.
Mr. Kuhman has given numerous presentations on pipeline legislative, regulatory, and R&D activities, including:
- Speaker, “Industry Perspective on Gas Gathering Pipeline Challenges,” PHMSA R&D Forum, February 2020.
- Speaker, “Becoming a Pipeline Professional,” PHMSA R&D Forum, February 2020.
- Speaker, “Overview: The Guide to Sharing,” API Pipeline Information Exchange, November 2019.
- Speaker, “Proposed Rules for Gathering Lines,” Arkansas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners (AIPRO) 11th Annual Meeting, September 2019.
- Speaker, “Guide to Sharing,” CEPA Incident Forum, September 2019.
Christopher T. Kuhman
- Energy & Natural Resources
- District of Columbia
B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, University of Kansas
J.D., American University Washington College of Law