Janet K. Meub
Area of Emphasis
Janet Meub is senior counsel in the Litigation and Employment and Labor groups of Babst Calland. Ms. Meub has significant experience in the areas of employment and labor law, professional liability defense, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, toxic tort litigation, nursing home negligence, and medical malpractice defense. She has a diversified practice that includes defending employers, healthcare providers, law enforcement and other professionals, and non-profits, at all levels of civil litigation through trial. She routinely counsels non-profit clients on employment matters including discrimination, wage and hour, FMLA and represents employers in PHRC/EEOC matters and at unemployment compensation hearings.
Ms. Meub earned her B.A. in English/Creative Writing from Miami University (Honors Program). She received her J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Meub is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, as well as before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, United States District Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, and United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. She is a member of the Allegheny County, Mahoning County, Pennsylvania, Ohio and American Bar associations. Since 2021, Ms. Meub has served on the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Sub-Committee on Police Use of Force. She is also a Fellow of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation.
Ms. Meub has served on the Allegheny County Bar Foundation’s Attorneys Against Hunger Committee and board of directors for Focus on Renewal Sto-Rox (2015-2021), H.O.P.E. Network (2018-present) and Pittsburgh Center for Arts & Media (2022). She is a member of Amen Corner and a volunteer attorney for the Neighborhood Legal Services’ Protection from Abuse Program (2016-present).
Ms. Meub has been rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent, Peer Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence since 2017. She was selected to the 2010-2011 Pennsylvania Rising Stars and 2018-2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers lists (Thomson Reuters).
- Co-Author, “Out of Sight, Out of Mind: The Remote Worker and the FMLA’s 50/75 Rule,” The Legal Intelligencer, November 17, 2022.
- Author, “Managing and Supervising the Remote Worker: One Employment Attorney’s Tips,” The Legal Intelligencer, September 15, 2022.
- Author, “Navigating Depositions During the Pandemic: Fear of COVID-19,” Practice Point published by the American Bar Association Litigation Section’s Pretrial Practice & Discovery Committee, August 14, 2022.
- Co-Presenter, “Joint and Several Liability,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE, April 25, 2016.
- Presenter, “Trying a Case in State Court from Start to Finish,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE, 2016, 2014 and 2012.
- Presenter, “Health Information Exchanges: A Primer,” Medical Records Law in Pennsylvania, Lorman Education Services Seminar, October 31, 2013.
- Presenter, “The Fair Share Act: One Year Later,” PBI, 2013.