Creditors' Rights & Insolvency
Bankruptcy & Reorganization
Enforcement of the rights of secured and unsecured creditors is the cornerstone of Babst Calland’s Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency group. Our bankruptcy attorneys have extensive experience dealing with commercial and consumer transactions, both inside and outside the bankruptcy arena. We assist both secured and unsecured creditors in a variety of industries with a full range of services, including:
- Negotiating and drafting orders authorizing the use of cash collateral.
- Filing motions for relief from the automatic stay.
- Bringing and responding to motions for the use, sale or lease of estate property and the rejection or assumption of executory contracts.
- Negotiating and drafting debtor-in-possession financing documents and orders.
- Serving as counsel to creditors’ committees, including developing strategies for directing the progress of bankruptcy cases, monitoring the activities of the debtor and providing advice on maximizing recoveries for the benefit of the committee constituents.
- Preparing and reviewing Plans of Reorganization and Disclosure Statements.
- Analyzing documents, public records and claims to determine creditors’ respective secured positions in collateral, lien perfection status and priorities.
- Preparing proofs of claim.
- Defending preference actions and fraudulent conveyances.
“The broad experience of the members of our Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency Group allows us to provide cost-effective and practical advice to a wide range of industries in front-end transactions, collection and litigation matters all the way through workouts and restructurings.” – David W. Ross
BEST LAW FIRMS 2021
Babst Calland Creditor Rights' & Insolvency practice ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" by