Alexandra G. Farone
Area of Emphasis
Alexandra Farone is an associate in the Litigation, Employment and Labor, and Mobility, Transport and Safety groups of Babst Calland. Ms. Farone’s employment and labor practice involves representing corporate clients, municipalities, and individuals on all facets of employment law, including restrictive covenants, discrimination claims, human resources counseling, grievances, and labor contract negotiations. She has a broad range of litigation experience in several practice areas including complex commercial litigation, trade secret disputes, employment, insurance, construction, and oil and gas law.
Ms. Farone received her J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2017, where she graduated magna cum laude and a member of the Order of the Coif. At Pitt she served as the Senior Articles Editor of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review and was appointed the Derrick A. Bell Fund for Excellence Student Research Fellow. She earned CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for her academic accomplishments in the courses of Employment Discrimination, Commercial Transactions, Legal Analysis and Writing, and Spanish for Lawyers. Ms. Farone graduated summa cum laude from Baldwin Wallace University in 2014 where she earned a B.A. in English with minors in Political Science and Legal Studies.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Farone is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Pennsylvania and the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She is also a member of the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia Bar associations. Ms. Farone has served multiple terms on Council of the Young Lawyer’s Division (YLD) of the Allegheny County Bar Association. She currently co-chairs the Communications Committee of the YLD and serves as the Editor in Chief of the Point of Law Newsletter. Ms. Farone serves on the Women’s Initiative Committee at Babst Calland.
- Author, “Unemployment Compensation Roundup: Review of Recent Legislation, Cases, and Concerns,” The Legal Intelligencer, September 16, 2021.
- Author, “‘What’s Up, John?’: A Refresher on the ‘Upjohn’ Standard When Interviewing a Corporate Client’s Employees,” The Legal Intelligencer, March 25, 2021.
- Co-Author, “September 30 Deadline Nearing for Employees to Submit Component 2 Data to EEOC,” The PIOGA Press, September 2019.
- Author, “Practice Pointers for Social Media Policies in the Workplace,” The Legal Intelligencer, August 8, 2019.
- Co-Panelist, “Finding Success in Workplace Interactions,” Allegheny County Bar Association’s (ACBA) Bench-Bar Conference, June 2019.
Alexandra G. Farone
- Employment & Labor
- Mobility, Transport & Safety
- West Virginia
B.A. in English, Baldwin Wallace University, summa cum laude, '14
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, magna cum laude, '17