Anna Skipper Jewart
Area of Emphasis
Anna Jewart is an associate in the Public Sector and Energy and Natural Resources groups of Babst Calland. Ms. Jewart’s practice focuses primarily on municipal and land use law with a concentration in general municipal, zoning, subdivision and land development, and code enforcement.
Ms. Jewart earned her B.A. in International Relations with a focus on National Security in the Middle East and Northern Africa from Boston University in 2014. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Boston College Law School in 2019. During law school, Ms. Jewart actively participated in the Environmental Law Society as a member and programs director, and in the Law Student Association as a class representative. Additionally, she served as a Research Assistant for a property and environmental law faculty member and was the recipient of a 2018 Equal Justice America Fellowship.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Jewart is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and before the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA) and Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA) and is a council member for the ACBA’s School and Municipal Law Section and PBA’s Municipal Law Section. Ms. Jewart serves as a volunteer attorney for the Neighborhood Legal Service’s Protection from Abuse Program.
- Co-Author, “Pennsylvania Criminal History Record Information Act – Amendments Effective Today,” Babst Calland Public Sector Alert, May 2, 2023.
- Co-Author, “Questions Abound Following Right-to-Know Law Decision Involving Student Records,” PA Law Weekly, April 20, 2023.
- Co-Author, “Court: Pending Ordinance Doctrine Does Not Apply to Land Development Applications,” PA Law Weekly, December 22, 2022.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Finds Proposed Sale of Unused Park Land Violates the DDPA,” PA Law Weekly, October 20, 2022.
- Co-Author, “Who Knows? Timeliness of Objector Appeals of Zoning Permit Approvals,” PA Law Weekly, August 25, 2022.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Continues to Reject Validity Challenges to Zoning Ordinances Authorizing Oil and Gas Development,” The PIOGA Press, May 2022.
- Co-Author, “Court Continues to Reject Validity Challenges to Oil and Gas Development,” PA Law Weekly, April 21, 2022.
- Co-Author, “Court: Findings of Fact Failed in Expert’s Battle Over Wind Turbine Noise,” PA Law Weekly, February 10, 2022.
- Co-Author, “Court: No Property-Specific Eminent Domain Power is Necessary to Implicate Inverse Condemnation,” PA Law Weekly, December 23, 2021.
- Author, “Court Addresses Limitations on Approval of Planned Residential Developments,” PA Law Weekly, October 21, 2021.
- Co-Author, “New Legislation Providing for Deployment of Small Cell Wireless Facilities Effective Aug. 29th,” PA Law Weekly, August 19, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Considers Municipal Boundary Disputes,” PA Law Weekly, June 17, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Holds Township Need Not Vacate the Road Less Traveled,” PA Law Weekly, April 22, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Court: Township Has No Standing to Enforce Neighbor’s Conservation Easement,” PA Law Weekly, February 11, 2021.
- Co-Author, “RLUIPA’s Land Use Provisions Remain Essential Against Religious Discrimination,” PA Law Weekly, December 17, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Pa. Amends Minimum Wage Act OT Requirements to Exceed Federal Salary Threshold,” PA Law Weekly, November 5, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Court Reinforces High Standard for Both Use and Dimensional Variance Applications,” PA Law Weekly, October 15, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Court Enforces Settlement Agreement Despite Sunshine Act Violation,” PA Law Weekly, September 4, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Sees Spot Zoning, Overturns Industrial Rezoning,” PA Law Weekly, June 17, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Potential Changes to Title VII Protections Against Discrimination ‘Because of … Sex’,” PA Law Weekly, November 7, 2019.