Anna Skipper Jewart
Area of Emphasis
Anna Jewart is an associate in the Public Sector and Energy and Natural Resources groups of Babst Calland. Ms. Jewart’s practice focuses primarily on municipal and land use law with a concentration in general municipal, zoning, subdivision and land development, and code enforcement.
Ms. Jewart earned her B.A. in International Relations with a focus on National Security in the Middle East and Northern Africa from Boston University. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Boston College Law School. During law school, Ms. Jewart actively participated in the Environmental Law Society as a member and programs director, and in the Law Student Association as a class representative. Additionally, she served as a Research Assistant for a property and environmental law faculty member and was the recipient of a 2018 Equal Justice America Fellowship.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Jewart is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and participates in the Association’s School and Municipal Law Section.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Holds Township Need Not Vacate the Road Less Traveled,” PA Law Weekly, April 22, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Court: Township Has No Standing to Enforce Neighbor’s Conservation Easement,” PA Law Weekly, February 11, 2021.
- Co-Author, “RLUIPA’s Land Use Provisions Remain Essential Against Religious Discrimination,” PA Law Weekly, December 17, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Pa. Amends Minimum Wage Act OT Requirements to Exceed Federal Salary Threshold,” PA Law Weekly, November 5, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Court Reinforces High Standard for Both Use and Dimensional Variance Applications,” PA Law Weekly, October 15, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Court Enforces Settlement Agreement Despite Sunshine Act Violation,” PA Law Weekly, September 4, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Commonwealth Court Sees Spot Zoning, Overturns Industrial Rezoning,” PA Law Weekly, June 17, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Potential Changes to Title VII Protections Against Discrimination ‘Because of … Sex’,” PA Law Weekly, November 7, 2019.
Anna Skipper Jewart
- Public Sector
- Energy & Natural Resources
B.A. in International Relations, Boston University, '14
J.D., Boston College Law School, cum laude, '19