Gina Falaschi Buchman
Area of Emphasis
Gina Falaschi Buchman is an associate in the Environmental, Mobility, Transport and Safety, and Litigation groups of Babst Calland. Her practice focuses on environmental regulatory matters arising under the Clean Air Act.
Ms. Buchman provides advice to clients in the energy, transportation, and technology sectors regarding compliance with state and federal environmental regulations. She has assisted companies with disclosure of regulatory violations to state and federal agencies and has counseled clients in negotiations with the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. EPA, and California Air Resources Board. In addition to counseling on compliance issues, Ms. Buchman has worked with technology and energy companies in developing new projects and has advised clients on regulatory issues arising from joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions. She has also advised clients regarding aftermarket parts and vehicle tampering enforcement.
In 2020, she was selected to participate in the Environmental Law Institute’s Emerging Leaders Initiative, a diverse group selected from across the country and from a variety of practices—from NGOs to government, corporations, and private practice—to bring together those who will shape the future of environmental law and policy.
Ms. Buchman has litigated cases in federal court, represented clients in administrative cases before various federal agencies, and has experience with administrative rule challenges before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and Third Circuit.
Ms. Buchman earned her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and her A.B., magna cum laude, from Georgetown University. She served as a staff editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy and interned for the Judiciary Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Buchman is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
Ms. Buchman was selected to the 2022 Washington, D.C. Rising Stars list (Thomson Reuters).
- Co-Author, “DoD, GSA, and NASA Propose Climate-Related Disclosures for Federal Suppliers,” Babst Calland Updated Firm Alert, January 5, 2023.
- Ostrowski, Sue (interviewed by author), “Proposed Climate-Related Disclosures for Federal Suppliers,” Smart Business, December 2022.
- Presenter, “Emerging Trends in ESG,” Chemistry Council of New Jersey’s (CCNJ) Plant Operation Management Workshop, December 6, 2022.
- Co-Author, “EPA Doubles Down in Long-Awaited Supplemental Proposed Oil and Gas Methane Rule,” The PIOGA Press, December 12, 2022.
- Author, “SEC’s Proposed ESG Rule – Key Takeaways for Public and Private Companies,” Pittsburgh Business Times, November 25, 2022.
- Ostrowski, Sue (interviewed by author), “Proposed SEC RSG Rule Would Affect Public, Private Companies,” Smart Business, November 2022.
- Co-Author, “EPA Publishes Proposed Rule Requiring All Major Stationary Sources to Account for Fugitive Emissions in NSR Permitting,” The PIOGA Press, November 14, 2022.
- Co-Author, “The Inflation Reduction Act Bolsters Efforts at the Federal Level to Tackle Climate Change and Promote Clean Energy Solutions,” Babst Calland Firm Alert, August 17, 2022.
- Co-Author, “EPA’s Proposed New Oil and Gas Methane Requirements: Where We Are and Where We Are Going,” Babst Calland Energy Alert, October 21, 2021.
- Co-Author, “High Court Narrows EPA’s Authority to Regulate Greenhouse Gas Emissions Under Section 11(d) of the Clean Air Act,” Legal Intelligencer, July 21, 2022.
- Co-Presenter, “State Clean Transportation Initiatives: Stepping Toward Success for High EV Adoption,” Environmental Law Institute Webinar, November 10, 2020.
- Co-Presenter, “Vehicle Tampering and Use of Aftermarket Defeat Devices: Targets of Federal and State Enforcement,” Babst Calland Webinar, October 8, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Opportunities: Leveraging Technology to Meet New Demands,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies in a Time of Pandemic, May 12, 2020.
- Co-Author, “RGGI’s New Relative, TCI: A Cap-and-Invest Initiative for Emissions from Transportation Fuel,” Babst Calland Environmental Alert, January 9, 2020.
- Co-Author, “The Crackdown on Aftermarket Defeat Devices on Vehicles,” Smart Business, December 19, 2019.
- Co-Author, “EPA’s Initiative Against Illegal Aftermarket Parts: Deleting Defeat Devices,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies Alert, November 14, 2019.