Gina N. Falaschi
Area of Emphasis
Gina Falaschi is an associate in the Environmental, Mobility, Transport and Safety, and Litigation groups of Babst Calland. Her practice focuses on environmental regulatory matters arising under the Clean Air Act.
Ms. Falaschi provides advice to clients in the energy, transportation, and technology sectors regarding compliance with state and federal environmental regulations. She has assisted companies with disclosure of regulatory violations to state and federal agencies and has counseled clients in negotiations with the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. EPA, and California Air Resources Board. In addition to counseling on compliance issues, Ms. Falaschi has worked with technology and energy companies in developing new projects and has advised clients on regulatory issues arising from joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions. One area of increased recent activity has been advising clients and industry participants on EPA’s National Compliance Initiative regarding aftermarket defeat device and vehicle tampering enforcement.
In 2020, she was selected to participate in the Environmental Law Institute’s Emerging Leaders Initiative, a diverse group selected from across the country and from a variety of practices—from NGOs to government, corporations, and private practice—to bring together those who will shape the future of environmental law and policy.
Ms. Falaschi has litigated cases in federal court, represented clients in administrative cases before various federal agencies, and has experience with administrative rule challenges before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Ms. Falaschi earned her J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2016 and her A.B., magna cum laude, from Georgetown University in 2013. She served as a staff editor for the Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy and interned for the Judiciary Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Memberships and Affiliations
Ms. Falaschi is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
Ms. Falaschi was selected to the 2022 Washington, D.C. Rising Stars list (Thomson Reuters).
- Co-Author, “EPA’s Proposed New Oil and Gas Methane Requirements: Where We Are and Where We Are Going,” Babst Calland Energy Alert, October 21, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Biden Administration Sets Target of 50% EV Sales Share by 2030 and Announces New Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Regulations,” Babst Calland Environmental Alert, August 9, 2021.
- Co-Author, “U.S. Senate passes joint resolution disapproving Trump oil and gas methane rule,” The PIOGA Press, May 2021.
- Co-Author, “Significant Public Participation Regarding PADEP’s RGGI Rule,” RMMLF Mineral Law Newsletter, March 12, 2021.
- Ostrowski, Sue (interviewed by author), “EPA heightens aftermarket defeat device enforcement,” Smart Business, March 2021.
- Co-Author, “California Announces the Opening of the Vehicle Fleet Reporting System for Entities with Operations in the State,” Babst Calland Environmental Alert, January 25, 2021.
- Co-Presenter, “State Clean Transportation Initiatives: Stepping Toward Success for High EV Adoption,” Environmental Law Institute Webinar, November 10, 2020.
- Co-Presenter, “Vehicle Tampering and Use of Aftermarket Defeat Devices: Targets of Federal and State Enforcement,” Babst Calland Webinar, October 8, 2020.
- Co-Author, “EPA finalizes revisions to oil and natural gas New Source Performance Standards,” The PIOGA Press, September 2020.
- Author, “California Approves a Program to Install 37,800 Electric Vehicle Chargers,” Babst Calland EmTech Blog, August 31, 2020.
- Author, “$27 Million Available for Zero-Emission Trucks in California,” Babst Calland EmTech Blog, August 11, 2020.
- Co-Author, “New Clean Transportation Initiatives Coming to Pennsylvania,” The Legal Intelligencer, July 30, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Can Technology Help Us Return to Work?,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies in a Time of Pandemic, July 23, 2020.
- Co-Author, “EQB publishes proposed rulemaking for control of VOC emissions from existing oil and natural gas sources,” The PIOGA Press, June 2020.
- Co-Author, “Regulatory Challenges to Fully Utilizing Existing Technology,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies in a Time of Pandemic, June 10, 2020.
- Co-Author, “EQB Publishes Proposed Rulemaking for Control of VOC Emissions from Existing Oil and Natural Gas Sources,” Babst Calland Environmental Alert, May 27, 2020.
- Co-Author, “Opportunities: Leveraging Technology to Meet New Demands,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies in a Time of Pandemic, May 12, 2020.
- Co-Author, “RGGI’s New Relative, TCI: A Cap-and-Invest Initiative for Emissions from Transportation Fuel,” Babst Calland Environmental Alert, January 9, 2020.
- Co-Author, “The crackdown on aftermarket defeat devices on vehicles,” Smart Business, December 19, 2019.
- Co-Author, “EPA’s Initiative Against Illegal Aftermarket Parts: Deleting Defeat Devices,” Babst Calland Emerging Technologies Alert, November 14, 2019.