Pipeline Safety Regulations
May 20 @ 7:45 am - 12:15 pm EST
On Thursday, May 20, 2021, Pipeline Attorneys Keith Coyle, Jim Curry and Brianne Kurdock will be instructors for EUCI’s “Pipeline Safety Regulations.” This course will highlight changes in the law and explain how companies can address compliance challenges in the context of stricter regulator interpretations of current regulatory requirements and increased enforcement. It will dive into developing an increased awareness of the scope and content of regulations and how to best comply with those rules. Objectives include:
- What is the scope of 49 CFR Parts 191 – 195?
- What facilities and products are covered?
- How are Federal and State jurisdictional boundaries determined?
- What does compliance look like?
- What enforcement tools can be used and by whom?
- What sorts of civil penalties can be levied?
- What are an operator’s options for responding to an enforcement action?
- How do prescriptive and management-based regulations differ?
- What regulatory provisions apply to which facilities?
- How do reporting requirements differ for different types of pipelines?
- What new regulations apply to both gas and liquid pipelines, and to UNGS facilities?
For more information, click here.