Corporate & Commercial
Property transactions are never one-dimensional. That’s why every real estate attorney at Babst Calland is backed by the firm’s vast resources in real property, zoning and land use, construction, finance, energy and environmental law.
Working as a team, we’re well-prepared to serve developers, owners, tenants, buyers, brokers and managers of commercial real estate and energy assets across all facets of the project, from purchasing through financing, developing, managing and ultimately selling the property.
In the energy sector, for example, our team is schooled in analyzing complex oil and gas title rights, the grants of easements, rights-of-way, surface use and other rights attendant to oil and gas drilling and coal mining and other commercial arrangements such as unitization and pooling.
Babst Calland real estate attorneys have decades of real estate experience, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of industrial facilities, brownfields sites, office buildings, shopping centers, apartment complexes and other properties.
- Development of condominiums, shopping centers, industrial parks, assisted living facilities, utility and industrial facilities and large, mixed-use developments.
- Leasing and property management for landlords and tenants, including ground, build-to-suit, warehouse, industrial, oil and gas, mineral, shopping center
and other leases.
- Construction contracts, developer agreements, design, engineering and architectural agreements, and bonding arrangements.
- Real estate finance, including traditional and non-traditional mortgage financing, government financing programs, equity participation loans, synthetic lease and ground lease financing and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Environmental risk assessment, compliance with laws and regulations, environmental indemnities and navigating governmental brownfields programs.
- Brokerage commission and management agreements.
- Title insurance and settlement services and prosecuting or defending title claims.
- Oil and gas and coal mining, including leases, licenses, rights-of-way, royalties, conveyances and reservations of oil, gas, coal and other mineral rights.
- Condemnation and eminent domain, representing both property owners and condemning authorities regarding easements, rights-of-way and other property interests.
- Condominiums, cooperatives, etc., creating commercial and residential condominiums, cooperatives, planned unit developments and homeowner associations.
- Zoning and land use, such as subdivision and land development, building, occupancy and zoning permits, zoning challenges, variances, special exceptions and conditional use application.
- Real estate tax assessment appeals.
Best Lawyers 2021
Babst Calland Corporate practice ranked in 2021 Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms"
by BL Rankings