Turbulent financial times call for a voice of calm and reason, and an experienced creditors’ rights law firm. The attorneys at Babst Calland can help. We’re nimble and knowledgeable, so we can guide you through the unique challenges you face as a distressed business or creditor.
Our Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency group assists regional and local banks as they work out troubled credits, and restructure and document commercial loans. We counsel large and small businesses facing Chapter 11 or collection or supply difficulties because of financial issues, and we represent Fortune 500 companies at the complex intersection of bankruptcy and environmental law.
Our goal is to provide sound, cost-effective legal advice, both within and outside of bankruptcy.
Backed by knowledgeable attorneys with real estate and business experience, the Creditors’ Rights and Insolvency group offers advice in areas such as:
- Bankruptcy and reorganization, including complex environmental issue
- State and federal court receiverships
- Real estate foreclosures
- Replevin actions
- Ejectment actions
- Secured creditor asset sales under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Negotiating and documenting sale of distressed debt by secured creditors
- Representation of creditors’ committees; court appointed trustees and receivers
- Purchasing assets from bankruptcy debtors
- Commercial lending and title insurance services, including title claim litigation
- Mediation services
- Confessions of judgment
- Negotiating and drafting forbearance agreements and modification to existing loan agreements and credit facilities and representing purchasers of goods and services who are forced to deal with non-performing, financially troubled or bankrupt suppliers and customers.